Health and Safety Policy Statement:
Contract Labour Hire Ltd
It is the Policy of Contract Labour Hire Limited (“CLH”) to conduct its affairs in a manner whereby statutory and good health and safety requirements are met and maintained to the highest reasonably achievable standard.
CLH notes the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the subsidiary legislation. However, we consider this legislation to be the baseline upon which to construct a working environment for all employees that is safe, healthy and contributes to the success of the business. We will conduct our affairs in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our employees and others who may be affected by our activities.
To achieve this, we will:
- Make the necessary arrangements to ensure that hazards are identified and risks to health, safety and welfare are assessed and either eliminated or adequately controlled
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the Company
- Provide plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health
- Ensure arrangements for the safe handling, storage, transportation and use of articles and substances
- Provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our employees, sub-contractors and others
- Ensure the maintenance of the Company premises, properties and equipment in a condition that is safe and without risks to health, and the provision of safe means of access and egress from premises
- Provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without risks to health, with adequate arrangements for the welfare of all employees
- Detail and document health and safety standards, organisational arrangements, procedures and guidance and bring these to the attention of all employees and sub-contractors
- Ensure our employees and sub-contractors are aware of their obligations to take care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others affected by their acts or omissions
- Enable employees to raise issues of health, safety and welfare with the management of CLH.